Summer Editorial

Mangia!Mangia!

5.16.2012




"Mangia!" One of my favorite Italian words next to "allora". Hmmm...yes a local trattoria...I was listening to the Italian conversation between the waiter and customer,  some Italian music in the background, smelling the garlic in front of me, enjoying the decor-terracotta tiles ,checkered table cloths, window table with a view...aaahh. While I wish I could say I was in my favorite trattoria in Montelpuciano, my visual processing brought me back to reality by the vision of tight wet suits, blue vests and yellow helmets as kayakers passed us by.

We are always on a hunt for authentic Italian food. Osteria Romantica is actually one of our fave Italian joints in San Diego located at La Jolla shores and the other one, Piatti is right across the street.  After having their simply prepared artichoke hearts with garlic and linguine al pesto, it's nice to see that they're back to basics in how they prepare our meal.  I love that they serve food from other regions of Italy like Toscana, yes each region has their very own specialty. I actually found the Tuscan dessert wine that my Italian teacher use to drink in Firenze called Vin Santo. It comes with a biscotti made for dipping in this vino.

And of course, this place has the quaint and charming ambiance,no not just for the cute Italian waiters, but for the casual rustic vintage decor from reused pots/pans (a great inspiration for the new copper trend) to hanging utensils.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Simply Vuela All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger