Summer Editorial

Designer Interview Part 2: Travel Tips from Milena Silvano

4.02.2013



 
Italian-born and UK-based designer, Milena Silvano, has shared wonderful things about her native country and her current home. We're fortunate to get travel tips for one of my favorite places in the world (Italia!) and a city I've yet to visit...London. 

You are currently based in rural England. What are "must see" things or "must do" for those visiting England, near your hometown or Italy?
I was born in Naples, but I left the south of Italy when I was very young. This year I’m hoping to go back and visit Positano and particularly il Vallone del Porto, a protected area that Gianni Menichetti (Vali Myers life-long partner) calls the ‘Wild Canyon’.

Positano, Italy via
via
  
Vallone del Porto via
What are off the beat path local hangouts? Favorite neighborhoods, parks, etc.?
I am now based in East Sussex, but I lived in London for 15 years.My favourite area of London is the east end: Hackney, Clapton etc. It is residential enough to have a villagey feel while also offering lots of nice cafes and boutiques. I used to go to hackney marshes for a jog alongside the canal,  and drink coffee from Venetia’s on Chatsworth road. And if you’re looking for a stylish but low key place to stay, I recommend Russel’s of Clapton B&B.

Hackney Marshes via
Favorite places to shop-boutiques or outdoor markets:
Donlon for books and boutiques HUB and 69b on Broadway Market (market on the Saturday).

Hub Shop
Donlon Books via

Favorite places to eat or type of food:
Turkish, in Dalston.

Easy day trips from London or your home-cool places to see right outside the city:
Charleston Farmhouse
Wakehurst Place via

I know you’ve traveled to India, any suggestions? What are some of your favorite places you’ve visited? Where would you like to travel next?
Not work-related but I would love to spend some time in Auroville, in the Tamil Nadu region.


Milena at the Delhi Lotus Temple
________________________________________________

It's been a pleasure getting to know Milena and learning about these amazing destinations. All these has fired up the free spirit and wanderlust in me....makes me want to pack up my bags and go globe trekkin' again!Thank you so much Milena for all your travel tips!

Images of Designer courtesy of Milena Silvano

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Simply Vuela All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger